Re: [opensuse-kernel] Could CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_CIK be enabled in the TW builds?
On 8/22/16 7:36 AM, Michal Marek wrote:
On 2016-08-22 13:26, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:37:35 +0200,
Michal Marek wrote:

On 2016-08-21 16:42, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
BTW, AFAIK this is the first pull from the github repo. The github repo
is actually a clone of our internal repository so we can't use github
pull requests directly, but since github is just git behind the scenes,
it was super easy to just pull directly from your branch.

Did you actually get a github notification about the pull request? I
noticed a notification in my mailbox this morning and wanted to forward
it to you. I guess you had learned from Jason's email meanwhile.

This might be
a vector we can use to easily accept changes from community members.

Right, but notifications need to be handled somehow.

Currently the build-test is missing when done through github.
So basically the branch maintainer should pull the requested github
branch into their for-next branch? Then it'll get build-tested and
automatically merged into the target branch once after it passes.

Yes, good point.

Yep, but I thought that was the process anyway. If a maintainer pushes
via their own for-next branch, it's merged automatically after build
tests. I've been pushing /everything/ through my for-next branch as a
result.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney