Re: [opensuse-kernel] wrong sysctl in /boot/sysctl.conf-3.0.0-rc2-1-default
On 06/15/2011 01:53 AM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On 06/15/2011 05:11 AM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Hi:

In current kernel head there is an entry in
sysctl.conf-3.0.0-rc2-1-default that says:

kernel.hung_task_timeout = 0

which is an invalid sysctl value

it should say AFAICS

kernel.hung_task_timeout_secs = 0

Also it take time to me to understand from where the kernel_shm* value comes
from
as nothing is commented in /lib/sysctl.d after June 6.

For example postgresql tuned a bit ( as no admins would run a 32MB instance )
crash at startup due to insufficient shmmax shmall
Would be cool to have a comment in or either /etc/sysctl.conf and
/lib/sysctl.d/systctl.conf
telling that each kernel flavor apply special configuration that can be read in
/boot/sysctl.conf-xxxx

Also if possible open for read the mentionned bnc, normal user can have any
description for the why/how

# Increase defaults for IPC (bnc#146656)
and
# Disable the hung task timer by default. (bnc#552820)

Thanks.

Can you file a bug for these? The values in these sysctl files should have matched what the old per-flavor values had. Assign it to me.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney
SuSE Labs