Re: [opensuse-kernel] [OT] PathScale packaging bounty
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:07:34 +0200
On 24.8.2010 15:02, "C. Bergström" wrote:
Michal Marek wrote:

The _link files need to have cicount="copy" in them. But I am
wondering why are you rebuilding the kernel packages at all? You are
not adding any patches, so why don't you simply use the packages from
Kernel:HEAD?
We need packages for SLE11 and pretty much everywhere.. I realize the
deb based distro probably can't use this, but everything else somewhat
sane should be able to (I think)

The kernel <-> userspace ABI does not change and does not depend on the compiler used. You can run a kernel built in a Factory chroot on SLE11 as well.

Michal