Re: [opensuse-kernel] Re: [opensuse-factory] Hardware enablement in kernel updates
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:08:05 -0500

On 12/15/2009 02:06 PM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Hi Jeff,

first: I generally agree with Hubert: "making people happy is good".
Additionally, I am not really affected as I am running FACTORY anyway ;)
Just one question...

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:09:59 -0500
Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The particular driver I was asked about is completely standalone. I
don't have a problem including it since it won't affect anything else.

Then it should be easy to build it as a KMP and provide via the
buildservice, shouldn't it?

(I'm not saying that this is better for the user or anything, just
pointing out that there is another option)

... and the time saved by not updating the boring old stable kernel of
openSUSE could be spent by even more frequent kernel updates for
FACTORY!

If you want the super duper bleeding edge, add the Kernel:HEAD repo. It
is the devel project for the openSUSE:Factory kernel.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SuSE Labs