[opensuse-kde3] Getting ready to install Leap 42.3 and KDE3...
I'm getting ready to install Leap 42.3 on my desktop system, and I'm
looking
for recommendations for getting KDE3 to work 'out of the box', since
previously I've struggled with weird results when starting from a DM-free
OpenSuSE install. (It appears to me that KDE3 expects certain non-KDE3
packages to be preinstalled, otherwise weird things happen.)

What would be the best DM to install initially, to be later superceded
by
KDE3? I'd like to avoid KDE4 and Plasma as much as possible.

Also, what is the best way to get the restricted codecs installed? The
available One-Click options don't seem work with a KDE3-only system.

TIA,
Leslie