[opensuse-kde3] Default SDDM cannot be customized or replaced without KDE4 or Plasma?
  • From: Conner McCoy <lonecrusader2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 16:04:02 -0400
Someone has decided that KDE3 is passé, so no longer needs to be
documented

(in the OpenSuSE distro, anyway). (Not that any of this stuff was
well-documented to begin with; but that's a different issue.)

Hello everyone,

My first time posting to a mailing list please forgive me if I've not
done something as expected.

This particular discussion touched on a problem I had previously and
never ended up with a good solution for. I posted about it on the main
OpenSUSE forums at the time but didn't get much help, only irrelevant
comments about KDE3 being obsolete, etc.

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/523623-Want-to-run-KDE3-unable-to-get-rid-of-SDDM-KDE5
To make a long story short SDDM does not like to relinquish control
easily. If one sets up Leap 42.2 using LightDM and XFCE then SDDM is
never used and it's easier to change to KDE3.

Maybe of some help...

- Conner McCoy