Re: [opensuse-kde3] Default SDDM cannot be customized or replaced without KDE4 or Plasma?
On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No symlink needed here. Just put the right strings into displaymanager:

# grep kdm3 /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager
DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm3"

Not sure. My impression was that search for DISPLAYMANAGER is done in
/usr/bin. Until I defined symlink, the default DM (icewm?) was
started. Maybe it is possible to define full path for DISPLAYMANAGER,
I did not try that. IIRC (I am not near my setup now), kdm for KDE3 is
/opt/kde3/bin/kdm (not kdm3), so even if the PATH search is used to
find DM, it would not help. ("which kdm3" returned nothing on my
system).

--
Mark Goldstein