Re: [opensuse-kde3] WiFi on Presario c700
  • From: Patrick Serru <patrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 12:30:42 -0500
Le samedi 21 mai 2016, Serghei Amelian a écrit :
On Saturday 21 May 2016 17:41:02 Patrick Serru wrote:
Hello all,

I'm confused with my labtop Presario c700, I've only used with
Windows for Skype. In that other world, the button on the top of the
device inhibits the radio transmission. It seems that the treatment of
this luminous button (blue-red) was neither material nor BIOS, which
looks confirmed after having the 13.2 installed.

How do I choose the ethernet or WiFi with a + 13.2 KDE3 ? The
kdenetwork3-wireless and wireless-tools packages are installed. Two icons
related to knemo appear in the taskbar.

Kwifimanager sure looks nice, but it does not find network and in
addition, the item "Disable Radio" from the "File" menu is always
selected, whereas when I active this item, it is me asked the root
password. The statistical connection shows me a sliding graph (beautiful,
though the first peak was negative! Yes, yes!).

I must use this machine soon, having to travel...

Thank you for the attention you paid for this email,

Regards,

Patrick

Hello,

Currently networking infrastructure of KDE3 is pretty obsoleted. For the
moment I suggest you to use nm-applet, a Gnome aplication, but is
integrating very well with KDE3.

Serghei
----------------------------
Hello Serghei,

Thank you very much. It looks working well : with ethernet connected from
the boot, the system uses it. Deconnecting the ethernet cable, the WiFi
relays "automaticaly". Reconnecting Ethernet, then (Alt+F2) to
start /usr/bin/nm-applet, then deconnecting WiFi with the applet and the
ethernet is used again.

I suppose that having stated /usr/bin/nm-applet from a graphical log
first, make /usr/bin/nm-applet to be started automaticaly on next boot, or I
missed something ?

Thank you.

Patrick