Re: [opensuse-kde3] Closing user's session
  • From: Patrick Serru <patrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 16:28:09 -0500
Le mercredi 08 juillet 2015, Felix Miata a écrit :
Patrick Serru composed on 2015-07-08 10:15 (UTC-0500):
Could someone tell me, please, how root can closes a user's (or all
user's) KDE3 session(s) for it/them to be closed properly, before
executing poweroff. I suppose that there will be the need of some --force
flag, because some open windows like Yast or KEdit with an open modified
file, but if such a flag does not exists, root can "sleep" a time long
enougth before executing Poweroff, to give (me) a chance to handle/close
the hanging windows. I hope that my question is well expressed !

kwin ?, kdeinit ? kdesktop ? dcopserver ? ksmserver ? Nothing
evident...

# killall startkde; poweroff

logs out KDE3 user with only Konsole running and powers down in 13.2.
killall is in package psmisc.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/