Re: [opensuse-kde3] Closing user's session
Patrick Serru composed on 2015-07-08 10:15 (UTC-0500):

Could someone tell me, please, how root can closes a user's (or all
user's) KDE3 session(s) for it/them to be closed properly, before executing
poweroff. I suppose that there will be the need of some --force flag, because
some open windows like Yast or KEdit with an open modified file, but if such
a flag does not exists, root can "sleep" a time long enougth before executing
Poweroff, to give (me) a chance to handle/close the hanging windows. I hope
that my question is well expressed !

kwin ?, kdeinit ? kdesktop ? dcopserver ? ksmserver ? Nothing evident...

# killall startkde; poweroff

logs out KDE3 user with only Konsole running and powers down in 13.2. killall
is in package psmisc.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/