[opensuse-kde3] konqueror - file association - how make x-shellscript display in embedded viewer like group 'text'?
All,

One quirk I have always wanted to fix is that konqueror (--profile filemanagment) treats BASH scripts as type `x-shellscript` instead of plain text. What this does is makes it impossible to tell konqueror to just display the script in the preview pane with the `Embedded Advanced Text Editor (katepart)` like you can with normal text files.

This may be easy to do and I just haven't figured it out, but how do you do it? When you (right-click) edit the properties for a file.sh, the problem (looks like a bug) is that when you tell it to `Show file in embedded viewer` -- it doesn't. (I don't know what it does, I presume it tries to run the file)

Another problem when you edit the properties for file.sh, the [Embedding] tab offers the `Left Click Action` to `Use settings for 'application' group` instead of the 'text' group. For some reason this prevents being able to display the file.

How do you tell konqueror to just display the script in the embedded viewer?