Re: [opensuse-kde3] openSUSE 12.1 with KDE3 and KDE4 applications
Yes, this is what I usualy do. I launch KDE3 from the kde4 display manager. However, using YAST I set KDE3 as the default window manager in /etc/sysconfig. This is to make sure that if I ever lauch X11 from a console using startx I get into KDE3.

Thanks,

Gianluca

Bob,

Why do you need to switch the display manager at all? Why not just leave the
display manager alone and launch your KDE3 session from the kde4 display
manager? The only time you need to change your display manager in yast is to
permanently switch DMs. You can launch any desktop or window manager from kdm4
(blackbox, e16, e17, fluxbox, fvwm2, icewm, kde3, kde4, openbox, pekwm, sawfish,
trinity, windowmaker, xfce, etc...)

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1 (206) 685 4435
http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Research Scientist at the Department of Bioengineering