Re: [opensuse-kde3] openSUSE 12.1 with KDE3 and KDE4 applications
Hi Dsant,

This is a possibility. With your setup, do you automatically get the oxygen theme or do your have to install it manually?

I also like to have programs that you find only on KDE4 like okular. So far I haven't had any problems installing KDE4 first (but never actually logging into KDE4) and then the KDE3 packages.

Gianluca

Here is what I do each time :
* install with LXDE, XFCE or whatever, but NOT KDE4
* add KDE3 repositories and kde3 rpms
* edit files :
/etc/sysconfig/displaymanager : DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm3"
/etc/sysconfig/windowmanager : DEFAULT_WM="startkde3"
* logout, chose kde3 desktop at password prompt

programs look-and-feel are kde3 or kde4, it depends... For example, I have
just checked :
* vlc is kde4
* kwrite is kde3.
Most are kde3, hopefully :)

Dsant

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1 (206) 685 4435
http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Research Scientist at the Department of Bioengineering