[opensuse-kde3] 12.2RC1 USB Thumb Drive Mounting Issue
Just installed ICEWM and KDE3 using the 32-bit DVD of 12.2RC1, following my
regular "from scratch" method. Installed into fresh EXT4 true (not VM)
partition. This time I did NOT add the HAL module, NOR add/use the
KDE3-HAL-enabled repo.

Everything seems to work fine, upon cursory use, with one exception. When I
mount an USB Thumb Drive, KDE comes up with its regular "what do you want to
do?" dialogue, but immediately after selecting an (open a window) option, I
get the following error message:

"Unable to mount medium "openSUSE-DVD-i586-Build0050". Reason: Error
mounting /dev/sdb1 at /run/media/root/openSUSE-DVD-i586-Build0050:
Command-line
`mount -t "iso9660" -o
"uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=0,gid=0,iocharset=utf8,mode=0400,dmode=0500"
"/dev/sdb1" "/run/media/root/openSUSE-DVD-i586-Build0050"'
exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad
superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so"

SDB1 is, of course, the USB thumb drive. Also, nothing shows up subsequently
in /media or /mnt in Konquerer as to the contents of that thumb drive, after
the error message appears.

I don't know if this is a KDE3 or 12.2 issue, but thought that I would mention
it here first. NOTE:
1. Mounting a DVD in a SATA-connected reader/writer works fine and normal.
Its contents also show up in /media in Konquerer.
2. Both the thumb drive and the dvd may be ejected/released using an entry
that shows up normally in the "Storage Media" icon on the desktop.