Re: [opensuse-kde3] knetworkmanager
On Wednesday 23 May 2012 04:28:37 am Michael Lashkevich wrote:
I have tried again the knetworkmanager (I was using the nm-applet for some
time due to memory leakage of the knetworkmanager) and found that, beside
the memory leakage, which is still present (the knetworkmanager allocates
more and more memory every time it connects to a network and releases it
very seldom), there are some more diseases.

First, it does not change the system dock icon when the network cable is
unplugged. It only do it when the computer has been hibernated/resumed or
after it has found a new network and tries to connect.

Second, no notifications (either visual or sound) appear, as if it would
not communicate events to the knotify.

Michael

install wicd, change the network control to ifup and forget that
knetworkmanager ever existed.