[opensuse-kde3] Trinity file conflicts between kdesdk and kdesvn svn+file.protocol files (is there a kio difference?)
Ilya, All

I am trying to eliminate a file conflict in Trinity between tdesdk and tdesvn.
Both packages provide:

/opt/trinity/share/services/svn+file.protocol
/opt/trinity/share/services/svn+http.protocol
/opt/trinity/share/services/svn+https.protocol
/opt/trinity/share/services/svn+ssh.protocol
/opt/trinity/share/services/svn.protocol

However, the files provided by both packages are not entirely identical. The
files from tdesvn use 'exec=kio_ksvn' while tdesdk uses 'exec=kio_svn'. I don't
know what difference this makes or whether it even matters. I think they are
functionally equivalent, but I don't know.

Is anybody on list familiar with the kio_svn and kio_ksvn files and whether
there is any difference in the way they work? I would like to simply make a 3rd
package called tde-svnservices that holds the files and make that a dependency
of both tdesvn and tdesdk. But I don't know whether to use the files that use
kio_svn or kio_ksvn for the common package (or if it matters).

If anyone on the list has historical knowledge about the difference between
the two kios I would welcome your thoughts. Sorry for the slightly OT request.