Re: [opensuse-kde3] kpowersave is Greyed out as normal user??
On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I am having a problem with kpowersave (battery monitor) on my laptop. It
won't launch from the menu, but I can force it to start from the command
line with:
 When it runs, it is greyed out and does not appear to be working correctly.
Here is a screenshot of my kicker showing the greyed-out kpowersave:
 I'm not even sure what to check to try and troubleshoot. I'll try logging
in as root and seeing what happens and report back. Do you have any other
ideas of what I should look for to try and figure this one out? Thanks.

KDE3 uses DCOP & HAL IIRC. The Linux kernel is moving away from HAL
and using D-BUS and other stuff. If that's the case, then KPowersave
probably can't get the info it needs. Do you see powersaved running
in top? (just a thought)