Re: [opensuse-kde3] 11.4 - launching kde3 as root launches kde4??
On Wednesday 16 March 2011 8:10:00 am Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Wednesday 16 March 2011 08:25:41 David C. Rankin wrote:
What is up with root login loading kde4 even though the session
selected is kde3? I even went back and deleted /root/.kde4 and
/var/tmp/kdecache-root and tried again. It still loaded kde4 even though
KDE3 was selected in the chooser.

I echo Ilya's comment. I operate root ALL the time. Never, ever a problem.
I suspect you have succumbed to the dastardly zypper algorithm of trying to
put KDE4 modules in at every opportunity, full moon or not. I have zero
modules listed in Yast/Zypper, although a KDE4 (blank) directory was
established in /usr/share for some obscure reason. Craziest move zypper made
on me was to try to put in Apache and 5 supporting modules when I wanted to
add kde3-ktorrent, alone! YMMV.