Re: [opensuse-kde3] Hah! 11.4 desktop configured - Despite no kcontrol :)
On 03/11/2011 05:52 PM, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
So I wonder if the icons kcontrol module is crashing while parsing
> kdeglobals or something similar?
Did you use the default (Crystal) icon theme before? It seems this affects
only those who use it. I use DarkGlass_Reworked, maybe because of that I had
no such problem.

I think you might be on to something! I did a 'clean' 11.4 install, so I had nothing on the computer at all before I loaded 11.4/kde3. It is the default configuration that has this problem.

When I installed 11.3 (where kcontrol works), I updated from 11.1? to 11.3 and I would have already had the icons changed.

I don't know how you would test this other than maybe creating another user and copying over a 11.3 ~/.kde directory before starting kde for the first time. I'll give it a go and let you know....