Re: [opensuse-kde3] Can't start KDE3 11.3
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 20:50:41 -0400
On 2010/09/01 19:57 (GMT-0400) Larry Stotler composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

Did you miss all the many threads during 11.3 development and since
describing all the trouble caused by so-called automatic X configuration in
11.3, and the retirement of SaX2? Multi display configuration in 11.3 is
totally unfriendly, and little better for any for whom automatic is fiction.
Did you not consider 11.2, which still has SaX2, and lacks the fallout from
the betaware called KMS, and its deps, on which 11.3 is built?

Yes. The point was to test to see how it would run under 11.3. 11.2
is known. If we want to see KDE3 continue, we need to find the
problems in the current system.

Next time I will do a text mode install and see what happens.

The problems to which I referred are not about DTEs. They're about kernel and
Xorg generally. Doesn't matter much which DTE you run when the foundation on
which it depends is buggy betaware.

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/