Re: [opensuse-kde3] Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE:KDE3 issues
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 13:24:50 -0400
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx> wrote:
This has been a problem since 11.0.  As an example, KDE4 games were
installed in KDE3.

Does this happen now?

Dunno. Installed 11.2 once but that didn't have a KDE3 pattern. I am
going to try to install 11.3 this evening if I have time and install
KDE3 from the repo and see what happens.

Using the games as an example, aside from the fact that the
fonts/colors/schemes were completely different(and an unwelcome change
at least for me), that showed that more unneccessary Qt4 libs were
being used. There were other examples, but I don't remember them now.
I got to the point that I blacklisted every KDE4 part I could.

When I do a search on my 11.0 system for KDE4/Qt4, I found these
packages installed:

libkde4
kde4-opensuse-updater
kde4-filesystem
libqt4
libqt4-sql
libqt4-qt3support
libqt4-x11

I pruned out all I could last time I re-installed. It was Much more.