Re: [opensuse-kde] plasma5 on Leap or Tumbleweed in qemu/kvm/libvirt - success stories anyone?
On Sunday 22 November 2015 16.47:00 Luca Beltrame wrote:
In data domenica 22 novembre 2015 15:44:21 CET, Oliver Kurz ha scritto:

I am trying to run openSUSE+plasma5 in a virtual machine driven by qemu/kvm
with or without libvirt. So far, I did not have any success.

IIRC, qemu/kvm doesn't offer OpenGL, and Plasma 5 requires OpenGL 2 to work.

You may want to try and enable software rendering by putting a script in
~/.config/plasma-workspace/env:

#!/bin/sh

export QT_XCB_FORCE_SOFTWARE_OPENGL=1
export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE="true"

Damn bad news, I was pretty sure we can if we use QXL video driver ...

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
irc: tigerfoot
< Previous Next >