Re: [opensuse-kde] libqt5-qtbase Session Management Patches are not working
  • From: Nico Kruber <nico.kruber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 01:42:07 +0100
On Tuesday 20 October 2015 17:35:57 Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Freitag, 16. Oktober 2015, 21:23:22 schrieb mournblade:
You're absolutely correct about the problem occurring at save-time
rather than restore-time. The problem is not even with the
session-saving code per se. It seems to be working fine in isolation.
The problem only occurs when the session-saving code is called
automatically at logout. It's either some kind of timing issue, as you
suggested, or the session-saving code is conflicting with other
processes running at logout-time. I've noticed frequent kdeinit5 seg
faults at logout when sessions are set to autosave and one or more kf5
apps are open, but only when both these conditions are true.

Well, I'm not sure about all details, but AIUI ksmserver signals each
application to write its state to ~/.config/session/, and only then adds a
command to restart the corresponding application to ksmserverrc.

So if an application crashes while storing the state, it probably won't get
restored.

any news on this?

I'm not sure, but could it be a race condition when multiple instances of a
single application try to write their session data?

Most of the time I see e.g. my dolphin windows restored if it is just one - as
soon as I have more than one open during logout, noone will be restored.

Sometimes I feel that as soon as I open a second window no window is restored
after re-login - even if I just leave one window open (but I do need to verify
that)

Nico