Re: [opensuse-kde] Start Dolphin when USB thumb drive is inserted
* Alvin Beach <alvinbeach@xxxxxxxxx> [09-29-12 19:33]:
Does anyone know how to configure KDE4 to start Dolphin when a USB
thumb drive is inserted? I have been playing around with
Settings->Device Actions and Settings->Removable Devices. So far, I
have managed to automatically mount the thumb drive. What I would
really like is to automatically launch Dolphin to the USB's mount
point.

I am using:
openSUSE 12.1
KDE 4.9.1 "release 561"

I prefer mc in an xterm instance and added

"Open with MC" "Storage Volume"

command:
xterm -geometry 150x40 -e mc /media/ /<your-choice-here>

device parameters for action:
All of the contained properties must match
Device must be of the type Storage Volume
Device property ignored must equal false

it opens an xterm instance containing mc in /media (where my CF card is
auto-mounted and a directory where I store new images.