Re: openSUSE KDE team (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing package/update in KDF)
On Tuesday 18 Sep 2012 22:06:48 Martin Schlander wrote:
Tirsdag den 18. september 2012 20:14:00 skrev Sven Burmeister:
Am Dienstag, 18. September 2012, 16:56:37 schrieb Martin Schlander:
Does that imply you also want to ship KRxx as official updates to the
distribution?

not necessarily, but we could ship all point releases tested in the
appropriate KRxy as updates at some point

be burdened with 500 megs of updates every 2-4 weeks

openSUSE:Update uses delta RPMs so it shouldn't be that big

with regressions

and (more importantly) bugfixes

changed behaviour

hopefully not in point-releases :)

This would only be true if updates would be forced on users. Yet as they
are optional it is every users' choice to update or not. openSUSE would
just change the default from "hardly any updates at all because nobody
backports" to "regular bugfix releases".

You can lock one or two packages, after that it becomes unmanagable. And you
might as well fight with the regressions as fighting against the updates -
or just switch to an OS that intends to let you be productive.

you can also lock updates with "zypper addlock" but the UIs should easily
support that, too. Blocking an update in Yast Online Update doesn't really
work atm and I'll not get started with apper...

Nico