Proposal for KDE Team meeting (was Re: openSUSE KDE team (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing package/update in KDF))
Hi KDE team members

I would like to organize an openSUSE KDE team again, to discuss two changes
that are having an impact on our old way of working. The biggest change is the
new organization within SUSE and that we no longer have dedicated KDE team
members (particular Will). This requires us to be organized a bit different and
it would be good to discuss this.

The other change is the current ongoing discussion with regards to the KDE
repositories. In the light of Tumbleweed, the new Maintenance process for
openSUSE releases, etc, we need to validate the usage of the current
repositories and how we want to continue.

Therefore I would like to propose a proper KDE team meeting with the following
agenda:

1) Team organization.
+ Election of an Overal Team Coordinator
+ Election of a responsible person per repository.
+ ..

2) KDE repositories
+ What do want to achieve and how
+ development workflow for new openSUSE releases
+ Targetted KDE version for openSUSE 12.3
+ Improvement points for KDE in openSUSE 12.3
+ ..

3) ......

Proposal for a date would be either

Wednesday 26 September 14:00 UTC
or
Thursday 27 September 14:00 UTC

Please send me a personal email which date is most suitable for you. I will
then organize it. Also I will update our meeting wikipage with the above
agenda so that people can add to it.

Looking at the past the team has achieved a lot and I believe that we are in a
very good position as that the team itself has members that are focussed on
the current versions, but also has members that are looking already at the
upcoming release. In the past Will has done a great job in coordinating all
our activities and being our voice within SUSE. Now it is our turn to get our
confidence back together and start acting as a team to make KDE even better in
12.3 and to provide a better KDE experience for those users that wants a newer
KDE version, without the hassle of upgrading the whole system.

I know that we can achieve this if we set our minds to it.

Regards

Raymond