[opensuse-kde] Re: our goals for 12.3 (ktp)
On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:39, Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann@...> wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 13. September 2012, 15:00:52 schrieb Alin M Elena:

* replace kopete by ktp

you mean replace one known and proven app with a humongous mess of applets,
services, kcm modules, and what not else? and a lot of it is based on or
requires nepomuk?

NO THANKS.

I tried to install the whole set of packages from KDE:Extra, turns out that
one of them requires stuff that conflicts with others.

NO THANKS.

bye,
MH

+1, just NOT working as it is now. Please for the sake of sanity:

First: make sure it's clean (mess of conflicts),

Second: simple (ONE point of config),

Third: free of nepomuk (or get a unconditionally, absolute working nepomuk
first)

Fourth: get it out of Extra into main for at least one release, in parallel to
kopete

Fifth: Have you tried it in pure ipv6 env? mixed ipv4+ipv6 env? Happy
debugging!

Sixth: Documentation? Help? Support? Wiki? Where are they?

As it is now (OSS12.2/KDE4.8.5): NO, not good enough.

Maybe for 12.4.

For 12.3 try getting it cleaned up enough for the move out of Extra.

-- Yamaban. I trust irc. Proven. Known. Working. Esp. at cmd-line.