Re: [opensuse-kde] our goals for 12.3
On Thursday 13 Sep 2012 17:29:46 Martin Schlander wrote:
Torsdag den 13. september 2012 15:00:52 skrev Alin M Elena:
Can we make a list of our goals for 12.3?

add your favourites..

* Include KDE Telepathy, SFLPhone (backend+KDE client), Kamoso and
Knights in the official distribution.

* Include the necessary stuff for video thumbnails/previews in the default
installation (assuming it works, unlike in the 4.8.5 update >:-)

* Evaluate Plasma Media Center for inclusion (tech preview?)

* Polishing and enhancing various KCMs - especially krandr (more relevant
than ever now that the nvidia blob supports xrandr), File Associations
(make it possible to change default app for a whole category of MIME-
types in one step, e.g. "video", "txt", "audio" etc.)

* Print manager job applet (if printmanager doesn't get elegantly
integrated into SC 4.10 upstream).

* A simple, smooth, reliable tool to notify about and install updates. Maybe
a QML plasmoid talking with libzypp directly without layers of RH
experiments and research projects inbetween.

* Use YaST to install local RPMs when clicked in Dolphin instead of
Apper/PackageKit

* A (KDE) tool to set GTK3 theme (kde-gtk-config?)

* Make the default desktop not start Akonadi by default and make Akonadi
not start/run when users don't have any PIM data

* Do a review of core/default KDE apps to make sure they're properly
associated with all the MIME types they're actually capable of opening.

* Qt 5?

A worthy list, to which I would add everythign we didn't get done or drop for
12.2: http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:KDE_feature_plan_12.2

* More polished display manager them, switchable userlist
* Fix disable touchpad on typing
* clean default notifications
* disable useless ktip
* check default window sizes are useful
* print-manager?
* netbook edition, Active?
* clean the K menu!
* fix default file associations
* Fix Polkit systemsettings module
* menu-in-titlebar mode

This makes for a long list, but if we each take responsibility for items, and
keep a tight meeting schedule to track progress and keep enthusiastic, it will
get done.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)