Re: [opensuse-kde] Set QUI Style in qtconfig/qt4config to the same as is in KDE by default
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:55:02 +0100
On Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:45:40 Will Stephenson wrote:
On Monday 16 November 2009 09:01:45 Rastislav Krupanský wrote:
Hi all.

I noticed an little issue.
I don´t know why, but Qt4 software manager started using another
appearance theme, not Oxygen as is in KDE4. Qt4 package manager didn´t
look like as the rest of KDE.
I had to set appearance for Qt4 package manager via qtconfig ->
Appearance -> Select GUI style -> and there i had to change "Desktop
Settings (Default)" to "Oxygen".
Could you set (to the future) the same GUI Style in qtconfig/qt4config
as will be in KDE by default, not "Desktop Settings (Default)"?
You can argue back, if user change the appearance of KDE using
systemsettings, the appearance for Qt would be changed automatically,
if "Desktop Settings (Default)" is set in qtconfig. But as i noticed,
this didn´t happen in my case.
Or should i file a bug/feature?
Thanks.

This may be a consequence of the
plastik-default.diff patch to Qt4 which sets Plastique as the default
widget style - perhaps this overrides taking the KDE configured style.
Dirk?

While at it, who is in charge of modifying Qt3's qtconfig?

Being backwards, as I am (in terms of mainly using 11.1 with KDE:KDE3)
I suffer from a related effect. This excerpt is from a PyQt tray app, that
is my first Qt3 process on KDE3 start up:

# something alters the qt3 config in a silly way by replacing "Plastik" with
"plastique"
# since the qt4 plastique style isn't known in qt3, /usr/lib/qt3/bin/qtconfig
displays
# "Unknown" as widget style, and uses a ugly default. As I'm too tired to
revert it
# manually on every kde3 login, do it here
qt3rc = os.path.join(os.environ.get('HOME'), '.qt', 'qtrc')
if os.path.exists(qt3rc):
fixed = False
rcdata = []
for l in open(qt3rc):