Re: [suse-kde] Re: Camera and fob fight to the death
  • From: elefino <kevinmcl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 18:03:17 -0400
On Sunday 21 May 2006 15:05, Chuck Davis wrote:
> Have you moved all the windows to look for a modal dialog that never
> made it to the top of the pile? This has occasionally happened to me
> and I thought all kinds of bad things. Of course, if this is what is
> happening some program is badly written and needs a bug fix anyway but
> it may mean you don't have to reboot all the time.

I moved the ones that I saw popping up, but I do normally keep 4 desktops
going, so maybe I should have looked on all desktops.

Here's a question:

When there's a dialog open, one can usually right-click or find a menu
option to configure it, but when an event causes several apps to try
to run (or at least ask if they should be allowed to run) and those get
frozen, how does one approach it from the other direction and configure
(say): "At new USB device connect, launch just this app"?

Or, how do you work from an event like USB device appears on the bus
to find what apps are waiting to pounce on that event?

Kevin

< Previous Next >