Re: [suse-kde] missing "filesystem" - what is that?
  • From: Daniel Eckl <daniel.eckl@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:17:43 +0100
Now that's interesting. It seems that this libgfs package was built for SuSE
8.0 but _on_ a SuSE which is higher version...

Well, since the filesystem package contains files which are surely on your
system (but only from a package named differently), I would suggest to
install libgfs with the rpm option --nodeps.

If it doesn't work after that, you can always simply deinstall it again and
nothing is wrong after that.

Greets,
Daniel

Am Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2004 08:36 schrieb Kai Andresen:
> Am Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2004 22:05 schrieb Daniel Eckl:
> > Well, the filesystem package doesn't exist for SuSE 8.0.
> >
> > So that means: If you want to install a package that needs the package
> > "filesystem", then this package was not for SuSE 8.0 either.
>
> One should think so, I agree.
> But the package I was trying to install (libgfs) comes directly from the
> "application"-area of
> http://www.suse.de/de/private/download/linuks/i386/update_for_8_0/
> which is the SuSE resource for KDE 3.1.4-rpm-packages for SuSE *8.0* ......
>
> > So you can:
> > 1. try such unofficial filesystem package like you described (but don't
> > blame anyone)
> > 2. You can try to install without the package "filesystem", perhaps it
> > works. 3. You can try to find the wanted package in a version built for
> > SuSE 8.0
> >
> > Daniel

< Previous Next >