Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-ha (4 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-ha] drbd and heartbeat (or others)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:59:34 +0100
I'm setting up a pair of frontend nodes with a drbd device. The drbd
will have LVM on top and the LVs will be shared out to other systems
(backends) via iSCSI. I'm very new to drbd, although I did play with
it some years ago. In order to make a node the primary, it seems I
need heartbeat (or something else) to manage it? Presumably I can also
add the lvm commands somehwere.

The drbd website recommends pacemaker, which says it is built on
corosync or heartbeat. My question is - this seems like quite a bit of
work for just making sure one node is the primary, is there no simple
approach?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.2°C)