Re: [opensuse-goblin] Issues with bluetooth
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 07:49:45 -0700
On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 11:15:04AM +0000, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
I know I mentioned it on IRC the other day, but at the time I thought
I had resolved the issues. I found out this weekend that I hadn't
resolved anything :(

My machine is an Asus eeePC 1000HE which has bluetooth builtin, but
for some reason the bluetoothd damon doesn't run automatically and I
have to run it by hand. That is unless I plugin an external adapter,
then the daemon runs fine and I can see both adapters.

One of the issues of manually running bluetoothd is that the desktop
background gets replaced with the MyZone wallpaper and I effectively
get the standard GNOME desktop (as if I have switched DEs and selected
GNOME). So before I file a bug, has anyone else encoutered these or
similar issues using bluetooth?

I was amazed that bluetooth worked at all on your system :)

I would wait, bluetooth isn't supposed to be integrated until the 2.1
release of Moblin, which we have not even started putting into the build
system, so it will be a month or two before that happens.

After we think it is working, and you find that it isn't, is the time
for bugs to be filed :)

thanks,

greg k-h