Re: [opensuse-goblin] Image checksum fails due to writing image to wrong device.
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 07:48:16 -0700
On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 04:06:45PM +0200, michael@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi everyone!

I was about to try out the new image when i got the checksum failed after
the image had been extracted on my eeepc.

Odd. If you try it again, does it work?

When i pop my usb stick back in to another computer i noticed that theres a
new partition on it?

There should always have been 2 partitions on the usb stick that you
made the image from, that is the way the image works.

The installer gives me /dev/sda as the only alternative, but its seems like
the image is extraced to the usb drive instead of the netbook one.

Which one was /dev/sda at the moment? Perhaps you should choose the
other one.

Is there something that ive missed during install? the internal sata drive
is set as the first drive in bios, and i use ESC to choose the usb stick
to boot from.

Can you try it again? And which eepc is this? Older ones will not run
Moblin at all.

thanks,

greg k-h