Re: [opensuse-gnome] Getting rid of evolution-data-server
On Fri 2015-03-20, Frederic Crozat wrote:
For the record, we moved this dependency in a subpackage
(gnome-shell-calendar) on SLE12 (since we didn't want to have e-d-s on
SLES12) but I'd tend to agree with Dominique, it might not be a good
idea to not enforce it on openSUSE (even more with the new notification
UI in 3.16, I don't know how it would interact with no e-d-s running,
but maybe I'm just paranoid :)

Are you saying GNOME on openSUSE is more conservative than on
SUSE Linux Enterprise? ;-)

(So far "rm `rpm -ql evolution-data-server`" is serving me well,
but as you point out this is for Gnome 3.14. And I understand
I'm on my own.)

Thanks to you (Fred) and Dominique for guidance.

Gerald