Re: [opensuse-gnome] need help : quick question : SLES 12 VM on Microsoft Azure - Gnome + xrdp ?
Le mercredi 03 décembre 2014 à 16:38 +0100, Frederic Crozat a écrit :
Le mercredi 26 novembre 2014 à 17:02 +0000, Hermann Daeubler a écrit :
Hi,

first - sorry for being a total Linux novice.

I have to run some tests with SLES on a Microsoft Azure VM. Being a
Microsoftie I need some GUI. So I came across Gnome. Here is my problem :

1. Looking around on the Internet I was able to find a way to install Gnome
and xrdp on SLES 11 SP3 via zypper in a putty window

2. Looking around on the Internet I couldn't figure out how to do the same
easy thing with SLES 12 - which is also available on Azure. With SLES 11SP3
after
installation I could use the "Connect" button in my Azure portal to connect
to the VM. Then SUSE Enterprise Desktop gave me the choice to select
Gnome - see screenshot below. But with SLES 12 I get a "xrdp dialog" and no
Gnome selection.

Can you tell me if there if there is a simple way to make my xrdp-Gnome
login work with SLES 12 like I did it with SLES 11SP3 ?

3. I installed Gnome with this command in a putty window : zypper install
-t pattern x11 gnome and xrdp like this : zypper in xrdp
That's all what was necessary with SLES 11SP3. Then it just worked.

Sorry for the late response.

We had a few bugs in xrdp package in SLE12 which are being worked on and
we should expect a bugfix update for xrdp package, fixing those, in the
near future.

Sorry about that.

I forgot: in the mean time, you should use Xvnc, which will work fine..

--
Frederic Crozat
Project Manager Enterprise Desktop