Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME 3.12 and openSUSE 13.1
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 13:52:40 +0200
On 2 April 2014 13:46, Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag 27 März 2014, 23:36:40 schrieb Richard Brown:

Um, openSUSE 13.1's OSS repos includes GNOME 3.10 so.... :-p
If people want it for other versions and are willing to step up to
package, test and maintain it, I'm sure we can make it happen, but
typically the GNOME team only provide new 'STABLE' repos for
'intermediate' releases when GNOME releases don't occur soon before an
openSUSE release (as is the case with GNOME 3.12, which we're working
on, see below)

you mean, like, for KDE :)

which just proves my point that KDE is way "stronger" in openSUSE than GNOME.

cheers
MH

I'll probably shouldn't reply to this as I typically avoid responding
to very obvious trolling, but your point was, and I quote "there isn't
even a repo with GNOME 3.10 for OSS"

And I pointed out that there is, explained the extent of the GNOME
Teams plans, and invited you to be involved in any effort to do more
than we currently do

There's no need to compare KDE vs GNOME, not only are they two very
different software stacks with very different requirements, but we're
all one community trying to make openSUSE better.

I would appreciate it if you adjusted your attitude and perhaps took
up the opportunity to improve things, rather than casting unwarranted
aspersions

Regards,

Richard Brown
openSUSE Board