Re: [opensuse-gnome] Make GNOME3 screensaver desktop aware

Frederic Crozat writes:

Le mardi 19 novembre 2013 à 12:12 +0100, Olaf Hering a écrit :
The screen saver always wants either a mouse click+move or keyboard
input to show the desktop again. Is there a way to get normal behaviour?
At least in 11.4 it was possible to either just move the mouse or press
CTRL or SHIFT or such keys to show the screen contents again.
In control center I found no setting which would allow that again.

I agree the current behavior is too much "touch" oriented. We should try
to detect if a touch screen is there and if not, make the "shield" move
as soon as a "modifier" key is pressed (currently, only a "non dead" key
is moving the shield) or a single click is done (click + hold isn't
great with a mouse / trackpad)..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE

Agree on the point that it's currently too pad-oriented.

As to the question, current behavior is hard-coded, though an extension
might suit this need. Personally I am not bothered by the current
lifting settings, as current screen shield can display various messages
(other than clock, it can show mail notifications, play tracks with
controls, software/RSS udpates and others). A lot of times, I just wake
up the screen to have a look at these messages. If I'm really in a hurry
to get back to my work, I can hit the Return/Space or start typing
passwords without delay. However options to enable old ways to lift
shield is also nice.

FYI, scroll up the mouse wheel also lift the "shield".

--
Carl Xiong (cxiong@xxxxxxxx)
SUSE Beijing, China