Re: [opensuse-gnome] Adwaita SUSE Theme Completed - Feedback Requested
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:34:13 -0800
On Sat, 2012-12-29 at 16:45 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
Hi all,

I've completed the Adwaita SUSE GTK+ 2, GTK+ 3, and GNOME Shell themes
for GNOME 3.4 and GNOME 3.6. I'd really appreciate if you'd try them out
and provide feedback. (Please note that if anyone besides me installed
the package "gnome-themes-suse" that I published a week ago, that should
be uninstalled before proceeding - it's split into subpackages now.)

For openSUSE 12.2 with GNOME 3.4:

zypper ar -f

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:Golbats_Everywhere:GNOME-3.4-Themes/openSUSE_12.2/home:Golbats_Everywhere:GNOME-3.4-Themes.repo

For openSUSE Factory with GNOME 3.6:

zypper ar -f

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:Golbats_Everywhere:GNOME-3.4-Themes/openSUSE_12.2/home:Golbats_Everywhere:GNOME-3.4-Themes.repo

Now

zypper ref
zypper in gtk2-metatheme-adwaita-suse
gtk3-metatheme-adwaita-suse gnome-shell-theme-suse

Open Tweak Tool (Advanced Settings), and on the Themes tab, change the
GTK+ theme, Metacity (or "Current") theme, and Shell themes to
AdwaitaSUSE. Optionally set the icon theme to Sonar.

There is also a GitHub repo:
https://github.com/Catanzaro/gnome-themes-suse/

Please note that the color you see when highlighting text is the same as
in the new KDE theme, to provide some (little) unity between the
desktops. The other colors were mostly chosen to compliment this.

I'd love to hear whether you think this is suitable as the default theme
for openSUSE 12.3, and also any other feedback you might have. Thanks!

Michael Catanzaro

Not bad, so far no issues. The changes are pretty subtle.