Re: [opensuse-gnome] Should we allow Hibernation in 12.3?
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 13:51:50 -0800
On Fri, 2012-12-28 at 10:14 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Thu, 2012-12-27 at 21:09 -0800, Roger Luedecke wrote:
Sounds sensible to me. Quite frankly, extensions are in my opinion one
of the killer features of GNome 3. I think we should even use extensions
more liberally, breaking with mainstream... it is our prerogative as a
distribution after all. But, not being able to suspend would be a very
large peeve for me. I've gotten behind Gnome 3 from having been a KDE
zealot for some time, and this design choice along with removing the
High Contrast accessibility theme are rather foolish decisions in my
opinion.
--
Roger A. Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador

FYI, you can suspend without the extension by pressing Alt - this will
change the Power Off button to Suspend. (Though this is not very
discoverable.)

From what I understand, they intend to remove that functionality as
well... which is retarded quite frankly. I think though, that obscuring
it the way they do is foolish anyway. If we are going to adhere to
upstream, we should find a way to bring the Gnome Cheatsheet to the
users attention, as a Firefox homepage or some other such thing.