Re: [opensuse-gnome] Should we allow Hibernation in 12.3?
  • From: Michael Catanzaro <mike.catanzaro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:14:36 -0600
On Thu, 2012-12-27 at 21:09 -0800, Roger Luedecke wrote:
Sounds sensible to me. Quite frankly, extensions are in my opinion one
of the killer features of GNome 3. I think we should even use extensions
more liberally, breaking with mainstream... it is our prerogative as a
distribution after all. But, not being able to suspend would be a very
large peeve for me. I've gotten behind Gnome 3 from having been a KDE
zealot for some time, and this design choice along with removing the
High Contrast accessibility theme are rather foolish decisions in my
opinion.
--
Roger A. Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador

FYI, you can suspend without the extension by pressing Alt - this will
change the Power Off button to Suspend. (Though this is not very
discoverable.)