[opensuse-gnome] Suggestion for 12.1 - Shave GNOME LiveCD
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 17:22:51 +0000
Hi,

I would like to leave a recommendation/suggestion for the upcoming
12.1 (though I do not understand in full how much changes would be
required). Could we shave up the LiveCD? With shaving up I mean remove
all the superfluous stuff for which a good example would be
'virtualization tools'. This is a nice addon for people to install if
they want and I don't it should be a part of the standard Desktop. I
mean GNOME LiveCD is oriented for Desktop usage right?

My question is, is there anything you guys remember that can be shaved
from the LiveCD? From services to superfluous software... What can we
shave from it for performance?

NM