[opensuse-gnome] Ayatana - first packages submited
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 20:59:04 +0000
Here's a short list of the packages submitted for review:

- dee
+ http://launchpad.net/dee
+ SR 56306
+ Unity dependence
- bamf
+ http://launchpad.net/bamf
+ SR 56304
+ Unity dependence
- utouch-geis
+ http://launchpad.net/utouch-geis
+ SR 56241
+ Indicators dependence
- utouch-grail
+ http://launchpad.net/utouch-grail
+ SR 56239
+ Indicators dependence
- mtdev
+ http://launchpad.net/mtdev
+ SR 56240
+ utouch-{grail,geis} dependence

Additionally I've also submited to multimedia:libs an update to
package glew (SR 56314). Now it builds to provide GLEWmx. It's waiting
review. I'm not sure if the maintainer will want this feature
available, though it brings no problems for what I could dig so far.

About nux... it's almost building those there is going to be soon a
release with a couple of fixes to the upstream release. Adam
Williamson from Fedora is working it out. I've also mailed him, we
traded some views... and for what I can say, 4 distro's so far working
on Unity: Fedora (Adam Williamson), openSUSE (that's me), Frugalware
(not sure, readed on Adam's blog) and Arch Linux (also community
efforts).

That's pretty much as much as I can advance now. Once more I would
like to make clear that I'm not doing this to bring a 'Ubuntish look'
to openSUSE GNOME, but to offer a wider choice for our users and some
for private tinkering on what might happen as 'openSUSE IBERIA' (a
localized spin for Spain and Portugal).

Before I submit more stuff (I could already submit libindicate and
libindicator, plus some indicators that don't mess with system), I
need to know the status of GTK patch required for ido. Link for it is
this one:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=012_ubuntu-set-grab-add.patch&package=gtk2&project=home:ketheriel:ayatana&srcmd5=17e7e781f56f418e9b026c7be0d05f22

Thanks all for the help so far and support,

Nelson

--
nelson marques
nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx