Re: [opensuse-gnome] Creation of G:S:2.30
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 18:50:27 +0200
On 7/5/2010 at 18:37, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I just created G:S:2.30: it's something we should actually have done
earlier, but we were busy. It's currently empty, but I'm attaching a
list of packages from G:F, with three categories:

+ the first one is what I think we should copy (assuming there's a diff
between the package in G:F and the one in 11.2, or there's a new
upstream version)

+ then there's a "not sure" category: we need to look if it's really
useful to copy it to G:S:2.30

+ and finally a category for packages that probably shouldn't be
copied.

I'm hoping that people can review this list and start pushing stuff to
G:S:2.30.

Vincent

clutter-gtk is probably a good candidate from the 'maybe' list, considering
that many packages contain a patch to build against this version of
clutter-gtk (0.90 instead of 0.10).
Also, considering the fact that clutter-gtk does follow th SLPP (Share Library
Packaging Policy) it should not be a problem in case any package
requires clutter-gtk-0.10 and we do provide 0.90.

Considering that we do update empathy, we might well also consider updating the
telepathy-* stack. Especially protocol extensions might anyhow make
this a requirement once in a while (any reason why you marked them as ignore? I
don't think they are tricky ones to be updated on a system).

Something like ggz might need to be pulled in for gnome-games (not just sure
out of memory if there was a bump in the required version0.

Dominique