Re: [opensuse-gnome] Starting NetworkManager from Gnome main menu?
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 12:35:55 +0200
Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> writes:

It shows "Network: Wired", which is correct.

I installed from the net (with NIS for user authentification) and ended up
with the traditional method (ifconfig) as expected. Then I switched to
NM using the yast config dialog. A pop-up in the bottom right notification
area confirmed that NM took over successfully.

This happened on standard desktop computer without WLAN hardware. Next
week I can hopefully test it on a laptop.

Results are the same on a laptop with WLAN hardware.

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation