Re: [opensuse-gnome] can be at-spi installed from The console if Gnome is not running?
  • From: "Ming Xi Wu" <mxwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:39:04 -0700
Hi,
Yast is working in console.

You can use the command "sudo zypper in at-spi" as well.

BR,
Mingxi

On 2/22/2010 at 11:43 PM, "Mgr. Janusz Chmiel" <chmiel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear core developers of Opensuse Gnome,

Is there any command, which would enable me to install at-spi from The
console? But while i have read Yours last answer to my question, You are
very near to The latest version of Gnome, which You would probably like to
incorporate to Opensuse and this version will communicate with Orca by using

Dbus. I would like to kindly please You with The highest respect to Yours
development team, if You would try to do Yours best to enable visually
impaired users of Opensuse to use all administrative applications.

Opensuse has been one of The first Linux distribution, which enabled
visually impaired users of Orca to use applications with The root privileges

while running Opensuse Gnome live CD and even after installation. Also
Opensuse 11.2 Gnome enabled users this. What i Am appreciating very, very
much on Opensuse is The fact, that there are never at-spiregistry crashes.
Those random crashes are often occurring in ubuntu after terminating
application such as update manager. Opensuse did never crashed by this way.

But i found out one very bad think while using Opensuse 11.2 and 11.1. I
observed random crashes while terminating Yast control centre after
performing The Opensuse update. After pressing ALT+F4 i have received a
error message related to GTK and some memory conflict. I will try to exactly

reproduce The error and i will send it. But better will be to debug Opensuse

11.3 milestone 2, because new version of Gnome and other modules can
eliminate this errors.

Thank You for ammazing boot screen speaker, which can enable visually
impaired users of Opensuse to even select their wanted language while using
Opensuse boot screen.