Re: [opensuse-gnome] Some features to implement for 11.3
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:26:57 -0200
Luis Medinas ha scritto:
On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 15:38 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

Note that this list doesn't contain any very ambitious goal, and I'd
love if people would want to work on such goals (like improving the
login performance, or really solving the "install codecs in a legal way"
issue). So we can discuss other goals too :-)

I think this should be interesting to do on Packagekit but it might be
not an easy task.

IMHO1: (without taking away nothing to zypper or Packagekit), the best
package-manager I've seen so far, is the one of Ubuntu, it is
straightforward and looks very stable and reliable

GNOME LiveCD: look if we can remove qt
https://features.opensuse.org/308826
=> I had taken a look at this for 11.2, but this wasn't possible at
that time. It should be doable for 11.3, though. The first part is
some analysis that anybody can do by just launching the livecd. I
can help people start if needed.

Why qt is needed after all ? If it's because of Sax it's going to be
removed so qt shouldn't be installed anymore.

IMHO2 Yast2, without qt support, is very crude; if you plan to remove
this library support, then you should think to improve Yast2 interface
for Gnome

--

Marco Calistri
http://mcalistri.blogspot.com

I'm publishing this list here so that people who were wondering what to
do can start actively working on something :-)

Thanks for this report if people want some more packages for 11.3 please
add your wishlist on the WIKI or comment here. I remember we need a
video editor piviti ?

Luis