Re: [opensuse-gnome] Monsoon/Transmission, Pidgin/Empathy, Gwibber, etc.
  • From: Charles Kerr <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:17:46 -0500
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Vincent Untz<vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have some concerns with this patch:

I've added a revised patch to upstream ticket #2222:
http://trac.transmissionbt.com/attachment/ticket/2222/legal-notice-2.diff

It addresses a two of the issues you raised:
(1) softening the wording a little bit (but still using the wording
suggeted by legal)
(2) using a GtkInfoBar instead of a GtkMessageDialog.

But doesn't address the other two:
(3) it's still a very visible string with no translations. (very
important, IMO)
(4) there's no "learn more" button, as I'm not sure what to add.

Is this option that important to push something like this now?

Given the timeline, it would might be better to use the non-DHT version
of 1.73 for 11.2, and punt all of this for the next release after that.

cheers,
Charles