Re: [opensuse-gnome] Space on the Live CD
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 20:11:23 -0500
On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 10:44 +1000, Magnus Boman wrote:
+ I'm splitting the support for tcl plugins in libpurple (pidgin)
and
xchat into subpackages. There are only three packages on the m5
livecd requiring tcl and tk: libpurple, xchat and python-openl.
So
this automatically should go away soon.

I have not tried it, but if we replace pidgin with empathy, how is
empathy as an IRC client? Perhaps we could get rid of xchat all
together
if we go ahead.

Cheers,
Magnus

Just tried it. Here's my experience with Empathy and IRC:

1. Edited accounts and created one for IRC and selected Freenode.
2. Enabled it and closed the account creation window
3. I got error message in buddy list window: "Network error" and a
button to "edit account"
4. I click the button and go into Accounts and the IRC entry is gone.
So it's not even editable.
5. Repeated this a few times. Seems as soon as it encounters an error,
Empathy deletes the account.

--
Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member