Re: [opensuse-gnome] Ops, I did it again...
  • From: Jim Sublette <jim.sublette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:50:24 -0500
On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 23:55 +1000, Magnus Boman wrote:
Hello.

Ops, we did it again...

My apologies that we're sometimes a bit concentrated on packages and
package updated on this list. It'd be great to change that and get
everyone involved...

If you read this, please let us know about...:

1. What's your primary interest for reading this mailing list

2. In which "box" would you put yourself in (more than one is ok, and
add your own if we're missing a box)
[ ] Developer
[ ] Packages
[ ] End user
[ ] Alcoholic
[ ] Bryen
[ ] WIKI
[ ] Translator
[ ] Stalker
[ ] Bug reporter (See Stalker :-))
[ ] None of the above
[ ] All of the above

3. What could / should we talk about more on this list

4. Apart from 1, 2 and 3, what should / could we do to get YOU more
involved?

Cheers,
Magnus

I apologize for the partial answer earlier.

My interest in joining the list was:
Get to know others in the community.
Stay up to date on activity in the community.
Find a way to participate.

So far I am not doing very well in reaching any of these goals.

I am and End User. My day job I support SuSE and Rhel servers.

I like just knowing what is going on in the community.

One reason why I think I struggle to find a place to contribute is I
like to run stable, currently on 2.26. I have done a small amount of
scripting, no programming. Mostly just basic admin stuff. Never having
participated in any Opensource community. I just don't know how to get
started.

Thanks for asking.